Was there a serial killer active in the Hague? The Parnassia Mysteries.
first write-up from me. Theres alot of unsolved mysteries. crimes etc., in the Netherlands and I figured I'd start with a first write up. More coming in the future! I would like your feedback on this one for that reason! Today I'm starting with a potential serial killer in a dutch mental health facility. What is Parnassia?
Parnassia is a dutch mental health facility with various locations in the Netherlands. They offer various sorts of mental help aswell as housing. The terrain in the Hague is a fairly large terrain with various buildings, housings, ditches and a daycare center. This is a map of the terrain: https://www.avn.nl/upload/images/haagwinde%20nieuwe%20stijl/2018/01/Schermafbeelding%202018-02-04%20om%2021.56.00.png Victim number one: Fotiena Verhagen-Toet
On the 2nd of November 2007 Fotiena (nicknamed Tieneke) accompanied her son to an appointment at Parnassia. Her son, Marco, was a paranoid-schizophrenic. Tieneke herself was suffering from dementia. They arrived on the property together but were way too early for their appointment. Due to the time left over they decide to drink coffee at the daycare center first, along with some other patients, particularly one named Tony. During these moments an argument broke out between Tieneke and Marco, with some accusations of Marco hitting Tieneke. As Tony later testified, they were sent out of the daycare center due to the arguing. They leave, and this is where things get hazy. At some point Tieneke and Marco get separated. We know this because Marco is later spotted in a frenzy, running around the terrain screaming for his mother.
Tienekes body is found three days later in a ditch about 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) from where she went missing. The ditch was about 0.5m deep (19 inches). The coroner concludes this as suicide, however there are some remarks with this:
Victim number two & three: Mark and Maya de Vries.
- Tieneke has bruises on her legs and forehead
- She had wounds on her hands that could be classified as defensive wounds
6th of December 2007. It's been a month since the first event when the two bodies of Mark and Maya de Vries are found on the Parnassia grounds. This was supposed to be Marks first appointment at Parnassia after his GP diagnosed him with a possible starting psychosis and possible delusions. Their car is parked at the facility and they are seen asking for directions to the clinic where they have their meeting at 5.30pm.
After they failed to show for their meeting security is told off this and an hour later they comb the facility for traces of them. In a later report they note they heard a loud women's scream around 7.30pm, something they claim happened a lot, so they decided to go for a coffee break before they restarted the search effort. Shortly after 8pm they find Maya’s body in shallow ditch. The police is called to the scene and it is locked down for investigation. During this investigation they also find Mark’s body floating a few yards away in the same shallow water. There are numerous signs of a struggle at the scene:
- Maya has bruises on her forehead, abrasions to her knees and bruises on her thigh. Her cause of death is determined as drowning, though the water is shallow enough to stand in and she was known to be a very good swimmer.
- Next to the ditch they find a large slap of Mark’s scalp.
- He has wounds to his hands and bruises to his legs.
- Further back towards one of the buildings police finds a pool of blood next to a car trailer. It appears as if someone had hidden there.
- The blood trail leads from the trailer to a table right next to the daycare center. There are footsteps found on the table and Marks bloody handprint on a window higher up.
- Mark is also suffering from a broken chest bone and a broken vertebra. His cause of dead was ruled drowning.
- Mayas phone is missing. The police even drenched the entire ditch, but could not find the phone.
- Mayas purse was found in close proximity to the bodies, but not close enough that would indicate she dropped it when falling. It seemed she had put it down earlier.
Around 5.30 a woman biking along the paths to pick up child saw a man in the ditch. He was described as 30-40 years old and was rummaging at the side of the ditch with two big objects. She could not spot who it was.
At 5:45 a male employee spotted a man in the same ditch wading through the water with his clothes on. As he looked back he was able to spot the man having reached the opposite end of the ditch. He was not able to give a further comment. Victim number four: Lientje van Mastrigt.
April 2nd 2008.
Lientje was a resident at Parnassia. She was living in a psychiatric housing unit for elderly. She went out to buy cigarettes in a small store right near the facility and an appointment within the facility, near the daycare center. On April 18th her body was found in a small ditch on the terrain. Her cause of death was determined as heart failure, drowning or a combination of the two. This is the 4th victim within a ditch in less than 6 months. Victim number five: Jane Doe.
5th of April 2010. It is 2nd Easter day in the Netherlands. In a small waterway, depth about 1.50meter (60 inches) the body of a 79 year old resident of Parnassia is found. Her walking-aid was found standing upright near the ditch. Her cause of death has been ruled as drowning. This waterway is a stones throw away from the other cases. This case, again, was right near the daycare center. The police have not released the personal date of this woman, since she was not reported missing. Victim number six: Jopie de Haas.
13th of May 2012. Jopie is found in the same ditch as Lientje van Mastrigt. She was suffering from dementia but was still living on her own accord. According to her neighbour, who had seen her on the day of her disappearance, Jopie was out looking for her cat when she disappeared. Relatives who had set up a search effort found her on the same evening in the waterway. There is not much more known about this case. Additional comments:
- Every incident took place during a weekend or a holiday.
- All of them drowned in fairly odd conditions and in some cases had other injuries that point in a different direction then suicide
- Police have tried getting information about who was at the daycare center on the days of the events, however Parnassia is citing Patient – Doctor confidentiality as a reason not to hand out information. This also includes Mark de Vries, who did not even have a meeting at Parnassia yet. A Judge has sided with Parnassia on this.
- There was a suspect named, however, the same issue as with the daycare center, patient – doctor confidentiality would not allow them to get concrete info where he was or what his mental issues were during the time of the crimes. Basically, their hands were tied.
What do you guys think? Was there a serial killer present at Parnassia? Or should we see all these cases seperately? If so, who was screaming? And who was the man seen wading through the water? Can all these cases be a coincidence? I’d like to hear your thoughts!
Peter R. De Vries, dutch crime reporter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4LJbyVhYPY https://maudoortwijn.com/2016/05/11/zes-doden-en-de-rechter-beschermt-patientengegevens-100/ https://www.waarheidsvinding.com/?p=4999
TOETS- EN ASSESSERINGSPROGRAM – 2018 EERSTE KWARTAAL Dag Datum Graad 4 Graad 5 Graad 6 Graad7 Woens. 24 Jan. Skole heropen Dins. 30 Jan. Wisk: Form.Ass Wisk: Form.Ass How fast can you type? With our typing speed test you can easily determine your current typing speed online and free of charge. As a registered user you can even compare your typing test results with others and see how much potential you have left. Dit is eenvoudig: Beantwoord die toets vrae, uit te vind jou vlak van intelligensie. Graad 4 Wiskunde Toets – Kwartaal 1+ MEMORANDUM. GRAAD 7 Junie Wiskunde EKSAMEN – PDF (Non Edit) Wiskunde EKSPONENTE opsomming. Wiskunde Toets Gr.6 / Mathematics Test Gr.6 – Kwartaal 1/Term 1 + Memorandum. Wiskunde voorbereiding toets – Kwartaal 3 – Graad 4 + MEMORANDUM. Wiskunde Graad 4, 5 en 6 verskeie vraestelle . LEWENSORIËNTERING Die Nasionale Norm Toets, Toets projek stel dit nie vry aan die publiek nie. Gelukkig kon ons met ons ondervinding en kennis van die NNT toetse, Advantage Learn spot toetse opstel wat baie ooreenstemmend is. Ons spot toetse is uitdagend en as jy goed vaar met die voorbereiding en oefen daarvan kan jy met vertroue jou toets aflê.
NEW MICRO BIKINI HAUL ON MY CHANNEL GO CHECK IT OUT NOWI recently posted a Youtube story asking you guys what kinds of vids you wanted to see. I got a lot of re... www.twitch.tv/foxysw https://twitter.com/foxysw7 Email: [email protected] for any inquiries and or sponsorships (integration/dedicated videos). Ek is 'n amateur julle!! Kyk hoe oorbelig is hierdie video. Ek vra groot askies!! Janlu gesels vanuit Jak 5:7-11 daaroor om geduldig te wag op die Here. Nog 'n toets van ons ware geloof. Jakobus ... Vryheid: Heilige Gees Skielik is Jy Vry Ritmia Erediens - 7 Junie - Duration: 56:54. Ritmia Gemeente 772 views. 56:54. Die Toets 2020/07/08 - Duration: 26:00. Ligpunt Gemeenskap ... Check out the first episode of brand new series T.O.T.S. ! 🐧 On Pip and Freddy’s first day, they deliver a kitten who mistakes them as her parents! When ther...